• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

old 2k3 server still trying to route msges

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> old 2k3 server still trying to route msges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
old 2k3 server still trying to route msges - 14.May2008 8:46:38 PM   
genic

i removed my old 2k3 server a couple months back when i setup my new 2k7 server. the removal worked just fine and i never had a problem with msges being routed ...until a couple days ago out of the blue.

below are the three event logs in order..could anyone please point me in the right direction on how to nuke this 'properly' ???

FYI: the old 2k3 server was named PUSAN

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Routing
Event ID: 5006
Date:  5/12/2008
Time:  6:49:08 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HALLASAN
Description:
A route to Mailbox server CN=PUSAN,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Traci and Erik,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tracianderik,DC=com could not be found for store CN=Mailbox Store (PUSAN),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=PUSAN,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Traci and Erik,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tracianderik,DC=com in routing tables with timestamp 5/12/2008 11:49:08 PM. Recipients will not be routed to this store.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 5006
Description:
A route to Mailbox server CN=PUSAN,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Traci and Erik,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tracianderik,DC=com could not be found for store CN=Public Folder Store (PUSAN),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=PUSAN,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Traci and Erik,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tracianderik,DC=com in routing tables with timestamp 5/12/2008 11:49:08 PM. Recipients will not be routed to this store.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 5020
Description:
The topology doesn't contain a route to Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 server pusan.tracianderik.com in Routing Group CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Traci and Erik,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tracianderik,DC=com in routing tables with the timestamp 5/12/2008 11:49:08 PM.

i have searched around on the topic 'The topology doesn't contain a route to Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 server' to no-avail

...sorry for the double post but i am kinda in a bind and not able to fix this. again..sorry for the double post

http://forums.msexchange.org/old_2k3_server_still_trying_to_route_msges/m_1800474151/tm.htm
Post #: 1
RE: old 2k3 server still trying to route msges - 15.May2008 12:35:03 AM   
Elan Shudnow

When you go through the motion of uninstalling your last Exchange 2003 server, one of the steps to follow is by removing connectors between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007.  I have always done this, and because of that, I'm not sure if skipping this step would prevent you from uninstalling.  But if it does, this many be your problem.  One of the things you can do is install the Exchange 2003 Management Tools on one of your systems that has DSA.MSC (adminpak) and you should be able to navigate both administrative groups and remove the connectors.

One of the things I am thinking, is that the connector may have been left when you uninstalled Exchange 2003.  Because of that, it may be looking to route information when that server isn't there anymore.

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to genic)
Post #: 2
RE: old 2k3 server still trying to route msges - 21.May2008 11:04:56 AM   
genic

ok...i fixed the issue stated above, but now i am getting the following

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchange ADAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID: 2080
Date:  5/21/2008
Time:  9:54:57 AM
Description:
Process MAD.EXE (PID=2384). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
(Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
In-site:
incheon.tracianderik.com CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
kaya.tracianderik.com CD- 1 6 6 0 0 1 1 6 1
Out-of-site:

and the only way i can get msges to be delievered is if i reboot the server and then all the queued msges will come through, but then after that...it fails to communicate with the relay. i really dont know what the hell is up now. everything worked before i moved datacenters...and everything down to the IP's are the same...so im stumped. ANY help is appreciated!

(in reply to Elan Shudnow)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> old 2k3 server still trying to route msges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter