• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 24.Sep.2010 11:49:27 AM   
sothun.thay

Dear Experts,

I have exchange 2007 up and running.

I recently discovered that outlook 2007 clients keep configured itself(outlook anywhere) by having "connect to microsoft exchange using http" check box checked automatically.

My question is how to turn it off? I have only a few mobile user(laptop computer) out of 600 computers and thus would like to configure outlook anywhere on outook 2007 clients manually for those few users only.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards
Post #: 1
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 28.Sep.2010 5:29:35 AM   
rishishah

Import the ADM for Outlook into your Active Directory Group Policy and disable it from there.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to sothun.thay)
Post #: 2
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 28.Sep.2010 5:38:28 AM   
sothun.thay

Thanks for your advice.

In fact, there are about 15 laptop (mobile) users who need to have outlook anywhere to be enable as per request basic. The number of mobile users are growing at a slow pace. If I disable it via the ADM for outlook then this will obviously restrict other users to use outlook anywhere feature. My question is why the exchange 2007 or outlook 2007 have its outlook anywhere enable by default? Wouldnt be it nice if the outlook anywhere on the outlook 2007 remains unchecked and thus give other user a latitude of use it whenever they wanted?

Regards

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 28.Sep.2010 9:19:02 AM   
de.blackman

So many things would be nice, but at the moment, not possible!

Getting back to your issue, what rishishah recommended would be your best bet. If you have users with different needs from Outlook, then create multiple GPOs with the required settings on each and have the policy apply only to certain users dependant on their requirements (use AD groups to authenticate a user to a GPO).

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

Post #: 4
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 28.Sep.2010 4:17:18 PM   
sothun.thay

dear de.blackman & rishishah,

thanks for this once again.

prior to transitioning to exchange 2007, we had exchange 2003 and it worked just fine in term of having outlook anywhere (rpc over http). outlook 2007 never been configured itself automatically to use rpc over http unless we manually configure outlook 2007 to do so (we have adm template installed since; but we use it for other purposes not to be used to control outlook anywhere behavor).

thanks once again for your time in getting back to me.

regards

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 5
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 19.Apr.2011 10:30:29 AM   
ilantz

Hi,
just ran into this post, and I'd recommend you to read a post I've written on the subject.. helped quite a few :)

Prevent Outlook Anywhere (aka RPC over HTTP) from being automatically configured in Exchange 2007 with autodiscover

www.u-btech.com
Ilantz’s Weblog

Post #: 6
RE: outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically - 15.Aug.2011 3:12:14 AM   
kellenlee

Import the ADM for Outlook into your Active Directory Group Policy and disable it from there.

happy battery

(in reply to ilantz)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> outlook anywhere check box is checked automatically Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter