• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

owa password change

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> owa password change Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
owa password change - 15.May2006 10:22:44 AM   
yeetai

i have win 2000 server sp4 with exchange installed. i am trying to inplement the password changing via OWA. Windows pop up saying 404 file not found. i tried changing the app mapping for .htr to asp.dll. i am already using a https header for OWA, so there is SSL for the exchange server. i tried registering the iispwchg.dll again. i tried running adsutil.vbs set w3svc/passwordchangeflags 1. i tried setting Require Secure Channel for the secure communication. all of them no use. any idae what more i can try? 
Post #: 1
RE: owa password change - 15.May2006 3:01:05 PM   
hddcrasher

Have you done the following  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121?
Quote from MSKB 297121

To configure the IISADMPWD virtual directory, do the following:

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.

Right-click the default Web site, point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.

In the Virtual Directory Creation wizard, type IISADMPWD in the Alias box, and then click Next.

In the Directory box, type <hard disk>:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd or the location where your hard disk is your default hard disk, and then click Next.

Verify that only the Read and Run script check boxes are selected, such as the ASP check box, click Next, and then click Finish.

Verify that the IISADMPWD virtual directory has only basic authentication set and, if you use Windows 2003/IIS 6.0, verify that the application pool is set to ExchangeApplicationPool.To configure the IISADMPWD virtual directory, do the following:

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.

Right-click the default Web site, point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.

In the Virtual Directory Creation wizard, type IISADMPWD in the Alias box, and then click Next.

In the Directory box, type <hard disk>:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd or the location where your hard disk is your default hard disk, and then click Next.

Verify that only the Read and Run script check boxes are selected, such as the ASP check box, click Next, and then click Finish.

Verify that the IISADMPWD virtual directory has only basic authentication set and, if you use Windows 2003/IIS 6.0, verify that the application pool is set to ExchangeApplicationPool.

(in reply to yeetai)
Post #: 2
RE: owa password change - 15.May2006 7:28:35 PM   
yeetai

thanks for your reply.

i have tried playing with the virtual directry. no luck. i wonder if i have to renew the cert. the thing is the owa web site is already using https header, is it enough? or do i have to apply for a different cert specific for the password changing alone?

(in reply to hddcrasher)
Post #: 3
RE: owa password change - 15.May2006 7:46:09 PM   
hddcrasher

The cert is enough. We are running a private cert with no problems.
You say you have tried on the virtual directory, is it there or not?
Have you reviewed step by step the KB I referenced?

(in reply to yeetai)
Post #: 4
RE: owa password change - 16.May2006 3:23:07 AM   
yeetai

The virtual directory was there already. someone configured that before i came here. i tried playing around with it, no luck. i even tried deleting the virtual directry and rebuilding it following KB. still the same. one thing i forgot to mention, i am using IIS 5.0, with windows 2000 sp4. is upgrading to iis 6.0 going help? can i even upgrade it using windows 2000, not 2003? 

(in reply to hddcrasher)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> owa password change Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter