• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 6:46:16 AM   
yuftheyuf

Goodday,am new to msexchange forum and donot have much experience with exchange 2003.This is my problem,i have a user who donot receive mails from a particular domain.Because of this i deleted the user from the exchange server and recreated the account.Unfortunately this didn't help the user to receive mails from this particular domain.I now have this user account in exchange mailbox store twice ,each with two different sizes and the user cannot have the mails that were available before i deleted his profile from his laptop.I want to believe these mails are in the deleted account of the mailbox store and i wish to recover the mails from the deleted account or permit him to get the mails which are in the deleted account.Before I deleted the profile i copied the pst folder of the User but this folder didn't have mails of the previous week and the recent mails.
Really need help pls
Post #: 1
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 6:51:07 AM   
Gulab

Hi,

After you connected the Old Mailbox, follow the below article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205

Post the update.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to yuftheyuf)
Post #: 2
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 7:15:21 AM   
yuftheyuf

Hi Gulab,thanks for the quick response.When I delete the user and created the same user with same names this is what i had on the mailbox store.
Stain Dev                        122.812(KB)
stain dev                          763 254(KB)
after creating stain dev ,this user couldnot receive mails from that particular domain.I then using exchange task i deleted the Stain Dev mailbox in mailbox store like to see if any change could be,user now says he receives from some and donot receive from others and at times not at all.And it happening now with some different external mails.My main problem now is to recover mails from Stain Dev like pst or transfer Stain Dev mails to stain dev.Both have same emails as stain.dev@domain.com.What can be the cause of the user receiving this mails from that particular domain and at another time not receiving.

Regards

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 3
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 7:25:53 AM   
Gulab

If you still have this mailbox (stain dev 763 254(KB))on Exchange Server than you can connect that mailbox to test account and follow the article. If you don't have that mailbox on the server than the only option is, Restore from the Backup.
Create RSG and Restore the Backup into RSG and use ExMerge to Export the Emails and Import it into the New Mailbox.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger

(in reply to yuftheyuf)
Post #: 4
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 8:10:46 AM   
yuftheyuf

Gulab;forgive me for boring u.The new mailbox is stain dev 763 254(KB) and user is connected to it.But Stain Dev 122.812(KB) has been deleted using exchange task.I need this Stain Dev 122 812(KB) mails which is on mailbox store with red X.I have tried to reconnect it with a different dn but gives error

This legacyExchangeDN value is already being used by 'CN=User name,OU=Users
and Groups,DC=domain,DC=com'.
Facility: Exchange System Manager
ID no:c1034ad7
Exchange System Manager.
Is there a possibility to recover the Stain Dev 122 812(KB) as a pst file or reconnect it to the a different dn in AD and export mails then import to stain dev.

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 5
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 8:14:37 AM   
Gulab

Question: Did you created the Test AD Account? If not that create it first and than connect it.
As per the error message that user already got the Mailbox...
To get the emails you will have to connect the mailbox to test user...and Export the PST. YES IT IS POSSBILE..

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger

(in reply to yuftheyuf)
Post #: 6
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 8:24:43 AM   
yuftheyuf

A test account 'mrecover 'has been created in AD.When i go to exchange system manager and try to reconnect the mailbox Stain Dev 122 812(KB).I have this error :

This legacyExchangeDN value is already being used by 'CN=User name,OU=Users
and Groups,DC=domain,DC=com'.
Facility: Exchange System Manager
ID no:c1034ad7
Exchange System Manager.

My aim is to reconnect it and connect with the test acount to recover mails.Please help .

Regards

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 7
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 8:28:03 AM   
yuftheyuf

hi Gulab
I didn't create an exchange mailbox for mrecover

(in reply to yuftheyuf)
Post #: 8
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 8:30:26 AM   
Gulab

Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and RunCleanupAgent. Wait for few minutes and than try again.
You don't have to create Mailbox for mrecover. You will have to connect the disconnected mailbox to that AD account.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger

(in reply to yuftheyuf)
Post #: 9
RE: recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore - 12.Oct.2011 9:09:28 AM   
yuftheyuf

I have done the Run CleanupAgent but i cannot recconnect the deleted mailbox to the mrecover in AD.I have created a different mailbox in AD ( buser).I wish to try again with this procedure Gulab,please i will strongly appreciate any procedure that can permit me recover this deleted user mailbox.

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> recover deleted single user mailbox from mailboxstore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter