• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

replication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> replication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
replication - 1.Oct.2008 9:02:27 AM   
cbeausoleil

it has been 5 days since i ran replication and all i see when i check the public folders is local modify. any suggestions. can i run force replication
thanks
Post #: 1
RE: replication - 22.Oct.2008 8:00:52 PM   
Naddy

Troubleshooting PF Replication issues

1) Check the Mail Flow between the Source server and Destination Server. 1a) Run Exbpa and Collect Application and System Logs. 2) Check if Content is not Replicating or Hierrarchy is not Replicating. 2a) check if the replica of destination server is added on public folders. 3) If Hierrarchy is Not Replicating then, 3a) Create a test Folder and Check If it is Replicating. 3b) Check the basic Settings under the Properties of Default SMTP Virtual server in ESM. (smart host, FQDN) 3c) Check if there is any Third party Anti-virus Application is Installed, if yes then,Go to the Following Registry->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Current Control set\Services\MsExchangeIS\Virus ScanOn the right hand side zero out the following values:- 1) Background Scanning                                                                             2) Enabled                                                                             3) Pro-active scanning (make sure that there are no mobile device users.if so then, u will have to set this value to 1 after reboot)Set Exclusions on Antivirus so tha it should not Scan all Exchange folders and inetsrv folder.Reboot the server and the status. (IF antivirus is Installed on both source as well as Destination then Set the Registry and Exclusions on Both servers and reboot) 3d) Check if the Source Server Has SEND AS and RECIEVE AS Permission on Destination Server. 3e) Check If There Is any Inheritance Blocked on Public Folder Store. 4) Public Folder hierarchy Should replicate after following Step 3.  5) Bounce the Diagnostic loggings For Public Folder Troubleshooting.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273/en-us 6) If Public Folder Content Is Not Replicating then, Try to post Some Contents in the Test Folder you created in step (3a). 7) Check If New Items are Getting Replicated or the issue is with New Items as Well As Old Items.   8) If New Items are Not Getting Replicated Then Follow Exbpa Report and Application logs for Error Messages. 8a) Set the Registry "SkipPublicMDBRestriction" If there is Exchange 2003.  9) Check If the Replica of Destination Server is Added on the Public Folders. 10) Run PFDAVADMIN.exe to:-1) Check the DACL State                                              2) Check Item Level Permission                                              3) Propogate Replica List 

for more details:- please visit:- http://sites.google.com/site/pfreplication

(in reply to cbeausoleil)
Post #: 2
RE: replication - 23.Oct.2008 2:44:46 AM   
Exchange_Geek

@Naddy: I am sure you are part of Microsoft PSS Team.

(in reply to Naddy)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> replication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote