• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc mailbox servers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc mailbox servers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc mailbo... - 28.Sep.2012 11:00:13 AM   
jimleslie77

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 28.Sep.2012
Status: offline
Hello, we run exchange server 2007 and in order to become PCI Compliant need to route any email sent to a handful of mailboxes vie its own mailbox database server and the remaining ones via another. iv looked in transport rules but cant seem to find anything that would perform this action. can anybody help please.

thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 1.Oct.2012 12:06:48 PM   
edsonserranojr

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 28.Aug.2012
Status: offline
Hi jimleslie77,

E2K7 SP1 added a new feature to programmatically override the default routing for message recipients on a per-recipient basis.

Here is a post by Exchange Support Team Central Europe with the tutorial.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appssrv/archive/2009/08/26/how-to-control-routing-from-your-own-routing-agent.aspx


Regards.

Edson Serrano

(in reply to jimleslie77)
Post #: 2
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 2.Oct.2012 5:27:44 AM   
jimleslie77

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 28.Sep.2012
Status: offline
Brilliant, thanks so much

(in reply to edsonserranojr)
Post #: 3
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 2.Oct.2012 5:33:13 AM   
jimleslie77

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 28.Sep.2012
Status: offline
Although this looks great and thanks for your time, unless im not understanding this correctly. This seem to be for outgoing mail from the exchange organization to the outside world. I want to route incoming email from the outside worl to a handfull of internal mailboxes to a specific mailbox server. Is this possible?

Thanks

(in reply to jimleslie77)
Post #: 4
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 2.Oct.2012 7:01:28 AM   
edsonserranojr

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 28.Aug.2012
Status: offline
jimleslie77,

All incoming e-mails will be processed by ET/HT servers and then delivered to the MBX server that contains destination user(s). Is that?


Regards.

Edson Serrano

(in reply to jimleslie77)
Post #: 5
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 2.Oct.2012 8:04:24 AM   
jimleslie77

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 28.Sep.2012
Status: offline
there will be one ht server that the mail will hit first, then 2 mailbox server behind 1 holding 95% of the internal mailboxes and the other 5% of the mailboxes. i need to configure the ht server to correctly route the incoming mail to the 2 servers based on full email address. for example jim@contoso.com to be sent to mbserver1.contoso.local and scott@contoso.com to be sent to mbserver2.contoso.local.

thanks

(in reply to edsonserranojr)
Post #: 6
RE: route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc ma... - 2.Oct.2012 8:15:56 AM   
edsonserranojr

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 28.Aug.2012
Status: offline
jimleslie77,

1. Incoming e-mails will be processed by HT server;
2. HT server will query a DC to find the recipient location;
3. HT server will deliver the message using MAPI and RPC to MBX server that contains destination user(s).

It is automatically handled by E2K7.


Regards.

Edson Serrano

(in reply to jimleslie77)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> route email for specific mailboxes via specisifc mailbox servers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter