• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

some external emails are queued and never send?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> some external emails are queued and never send? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
some external emails are queued and never send? - 19.Nov.2007 10:22:39 AM   
midcuk

we have an exchange server 2007 64bit and it was experiencing a few minor problems (partly because it was not up to spec to run exchange 2007), we have set up a secondary server with a lot more power (dual dual core 8gb ram) and moved the mailbox's across, the idea is to use the first server as a forwarder for external email (to keep it alive incase server 2 fails), this works fine apart from several external email addresses which just hang in the outbound queue to our provider and do not send. The majority of external email work both inbound and outbound but certain ones just will not send.
anyone got any ideas on how to get them to send ?, do i need to set up some extra smtp relay?.
we have several domains in the same forest and some random messages to one of our sister domains will not send either (yet others will)

any assistance greatly appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: some external emails are queued and never send? - 30.Nov.2007 4:45:14 PM   
rishishah

Try simple checks...

See if you can resolve their MX records on your DNS.

Next use the telnet ipaaddress_of_remote_server 25 from a command window and see if you can cannot to thier smtp server and try and send a mail through telnet.

Finally ensure that they are not black listing you in any way.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to midcuk)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> some external emails are queued and never send? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter