• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

two different smtp domain with SSL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> two different smtp domain with SSL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
two different smtp domain with SSL - 31.Jan.2012 8:51:16 AM   
tn.zaw

How to have two different SSL certificates for single exchange server hosting two different SMTP domains e.g. *.abc.com and *.xyz.com

Post #: 1
RE: two different smtp domain with SSL - 25.Jul.2012 3:56:00 AM   
Hansy123

It doesn't matter what the internal server name is. The public DNS A record of mail.group1.com just needs to be set to the public ip address that you are going to NAT to your internal Exchange server. So for example the public DNS A record of mail.group1.com is 1.1.1.1 and you NAT that to your internal Exchange server ip address of 10.1.1.1. Also, it won't take 24 hours to propogate. DNS records don't propogate. No other DNS server except the ones at your hosting company have a copy of your DNS records. What happens is this: A host looks up the MX record for your domain and finds it and the corresponding A record and puts that info in it's DNS cache for the period of the TTL of those records. It will not look up that info again for the period of the TTL. When you change the MX and A records it will only affect hosts that have performed a lookup and still have the info in their DNS cache as they will not perform a new lookup and get the new info until their DNS cache for those records flushes out (again, for the time period of the TTL for those records). For hosts that don't have the info in their DNS cache they will perform a lookup and get the new info immediately. As you can see, it is likely that only a very small number of hosts will be affected when you change the A and MX records. If the TTL of those records is 8 hours then only hosts that have looked up that info in the last 8 hours will be affected.

It doesn't matter what the external name is as long as you NAT it to the correct public/private i address combination and get the common name of your SSL certificate correct. If you want OWA to be https://mail.group1.com then that will be the common name of the SSL certificate.

(in reply to tn.zaw)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> two different smtp domain with SSL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter