• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

users SMTP address incorrect after move to pilot test 2010 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> users SMTP address incorrect after move to pilot test 2010 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
users SMTP address incorrect after move to pilot test 2... - 24.Mar.2014 8:17:18 AM   
astecadmin

Hi Group,

New here and looking for some help.

We are on phase one of two migrating from Exchange server 2003 to 2010. Phase one was to move OWA to Exchange 2010 and OWA is working with minir issues.

The issue we have is that we have created some test users mailboxes on 2003 and when we migrate them to the pilot 2010 exchange server, the user mailbox will migrate, but it looses it smtp address. I mean for example, user mailbox thanks@domain.com can send and receive inbound and external email address before migrated to 2010. After the mailbox has been migrated to 2010, the SMTP address changes from thanks@domain.com to thanks@domain.local.

Below is the details from a log:

Warning: Failed to reset the target mailbox after the move.
Error details: MapiExceptionWrongServer: Unable to open mailbox "/O=Astec Industries/OU=Astec Inc/cn=Recipients/cn=thanks" on server "hostname-exch02.domain.local". (hr=0x80004005, ec=1144)

Any help is most welcomed.

Thanks,
Ron

< Message edited by astecadmin -- 24.Mar.2014 8:36:24 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: users SMTP address incorrect after move to pilot te... - 24.Mar.2014 11:00:36 AM   
astecadmin

Please disregard this thread. Issue has been resolved.

Thanks,
Ron

(in reply to astecadmin)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> users SMTP address incorrect after move to pilot test 2010 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter