• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from another account

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from another account Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from ano... - 19.May2011 4:48:47 PM   
jdgold331

hello

At work we have windows SBS 08 with exchange 2007.
i need to setup some users to be able to "send as" a different account than there primary account. We have 2 e-mails domain accounts to use. user@comany1.com   and user@company2.com
some users have there e-mail address at company 1.. mike@company1.com. i need to setup mike where he can send e-mails out as mike@comapny2.com while still getting e-mails from mike@company2.com. he is setup to get both Mike@company1 and mike@company2 e-mails.
when i set this up, the first e-mail works. then after that it fails saying "You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator to help you get the required permission. "

GRRR!!! how can it work the first time than just stop.

i can not find out how to do this anywhere online. any helps is really appreciated. i am banging my head against the wall with this.

thanks in advance

Joey
Post #: 1
RE: windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from... - 20.May2011 3:17:27 PM   
kesm0724

I've never hosted multiple domains but would you need to setup both domains under accepted domains and configure an email policy for both domains?  I'm assuming your users are already receiving mail for both domains but you can only send from one of their smtp addresses?

(in reply to jdgold331)
Post #: 2
RE: windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from... - 20.May2011 4:04:43 PM   
jdgold331

correct. in the exchange mgt. console, in e-mail address, i added the other domain's e-mail address in there.
like i said..  when i set this up the FIRST e-mail works..  but after that i get the error message. why is this? do i have to wait until exchange cache clears or this is added to it?

(in reply to kesm0724)
Post #: 3
RE: windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from... - 20.May2011 4:50:31 PM   
kesm0724

I guess if you only have a "few" users that need this is to perhaps create a mail enabled security group with the email addresss of user@company2.com add user@company1.com as a member.  In the security tab give user@company1.com the send as permission.  In your outlook client in the from field enter in user@company2.com ......

I'm sure there must be a cleaner way though.

(in reply to jdgold331)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> windows sbs 08 exchange 07 "send as" from another account Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter